We believe in only the best local and international curriculums.
A.C.E. – Accelerate Christian Education
I.E.B. Online through A.E.E. Online
A.C.E. – Accelerate Christian Education – Give your children a head start in life that will place them on the road to success!
Offering A.C.E. from Grade RR – 12
Accelerated Christian Education® has taken the conventional style textbook and divided it into bite-sized, achievable worktexts called PACEs. Each PACE is similar to a unit in a textbook. Each level consists of 12 PACEs in each subject. PACEs integrate Godly character-building lessons into the academic content, and self-instructional activities are carefully designed to develop thinking skills and create mastery learning.
A.C.E. stands out from other curriculum providers with its individualized, self-instructional, mastery-based approach. With minimal assistance, PACEs allow students to absorb subject material according to their own learning ability rather than being pushed forward or held back by their age.
How it’s put together:
- Students begin their PACE work by noting their goals, the concepts they will learn, a Bible verse, and a corresponding character trait. From the beginning of each PACE, they know what is expected and assume the responsibility for their own learning!
- Throughout the curriculum, the introduction of new vocabulary words is controlled so that no new vocabulary word is used without the student first learning its meaning and pronunciation. Also, these words are repeated to ensure mastery.
- Explanations and illustrations add excitement to each lesson, and innovative learning activities reinforce the text material.
- Each PACE contains several Checkups, which are quizzes covering a section of the PACE. If mastery in an area is not achieved, the Checkup will reveal that weak area. Students can then take the time necessary to review and learn those concepts before proceeding to the next section.
- Upon completion of the activities and Checkups, students prepare to take the Self Test. Here students evaluate themselves, and a supervisor/tutor determines readiness for the final PACE Test. When the Self Test is successfully completed, the student turns in the PACE and takes the PACE Test the next school morning. The PACE Test objectively measures student mastery of the material.
I.E.B. Through A.E.E. Online – Giving online support to high school learners.
Offering I.E.B. from Grade 10 – 12
I.E.B. through AEE Online, schools are able to offer the IEB (NSC) exit qualification. This premium CAPS-compliant qualification is held in high regard by tertiary institutions in South Africa and abroad. Traditionally, the IEB (NSC) has only been accessible through specific independent schools, often at a prohibitively high cost. Through AEE Online, the qualification is not only significantly more affordable, but it enables schools to deliver a more innovative solution. Blended learning combines the benefits of face-to-face teaching time, supervised learning schedules and the efficiencies of online learning.
BENEFITS OF THE IEB
- The IEB is an internationally benchmarked qualification, and is equivalent to Cambridge AS level.
- The IEB is at the forefront of innovations in terms of improvement of examination systems and processes.
- The IEB ensures that it keeps abreast with developments in assessment, by actively participating in regional and international assessment associations.
- The qualifications assessed by the IEB enjoy international recognition.
- The IEB, through their assessments, is motivated to develop learners who are:
- critical users of information
- ethical reasoners
- problem solvers
- creative and reflective thinkers
- lifelong learners
- respectful of diversity, particularly in the South African context
ABOUT THE NSC
- The National Senior Certificate (NSC) also known as a “Matric” has been offered since 2008.
- There are currently three assessment bodies that facilitate the completion of the NSC and are accredited by Umalusi, namely the Department of Basic Education (DBE), Independent Examinations Board (IEB) and South African Comprehensive Assessment Institute (SACAI).
- Umalusi issues the NSC.
- Our students are registered with the IEB.